BIM. Building Information Modelling
What is BIM?:
BIM stands for Building Information Modelling. There are 3 levels.
What is the concept?:
- All elements of a building can be modelled digitally in 3D before the structure is even built.
- Certain Zip-Clip products are now modelled digitally in 3D.
- The files are call REVIT files.
- REVIT is the Autodesk software used to create the files.
- REVIT is also used to build and view the project models.
Zip Clip is compliant BIM ready:
- The UK Government has now set a target that Public sector projects must only use products and systems that are compliant to BIM Level 2.
- Level 2 requires the digital file information to be in a format that other BIM users will recognise & use, i.e REVIT.
- Because Zip-Clip has digital files produced in REVIT, we are able to say that we now BIM ready.
To access the BIM models, please click here to request your downloads